I recognize that there is fear in starting to travel again. Fear is certainly a real feeling and cannot be discounted. In order to deal with fear, I think it’s important to try to stay informed. This is challenging to do, as things continue to change. Fortunately, it is getting better. Here is some information that may be helpful in making your decision to join us in Curacao:
- The Dreams Curacao Resort has had NO ONE test positive for COVID for the antigen test which is required within 72 hours prior to departure by the U.S. government. The cost of this test is FREE of charge and it done right at the resort.
- We need to do need a COVID PCR test within 48 hours prior or an COVID Antigen Test 24 hours prior to our departure to Curacao. This is not hard to do. I have gotten my PCR test done at CVS or Walgreen Pharmacy, free of charge. Your physician may also know where it can be done. There is a place you can use mail order that has your results quickly, as well. Let me know if you need suggestions.
- 63% of the population of Curacao have received both vaccine shots. population.
- The Dreams Curacao Resort is part of “Clean Complete Verification, Enhanced Quality, Safety and Hygiene Protocols” to mitigate COVID. They also have 3rd Party Verification of their program, which is used by all AMSTAR Resorts.
- Are you still concerned you just might get COVID while traveling or in Curacao? Well chances are not likely, especially if you follow safety protocols when traveling and in Curacao. If you are vaccinated, your chance of contracting COVID on your vacation to Curacao are very slim. AND IF, IF, IF you do, you can and one other person, can stay at the Dreams Resort for FREE: “If a guest receives a positive test while on property that prevents departure, the cost of quarantine at the property will be covered for up to 14 days after the original departure date. Extended stay due to quarantine includes the guest plus one travel companion sharing the same room. This program remains valid as long as CDC and government travel regulations are in place.” That’s an excellent guarantee and reassurance. They can make it, because only a handful of guests will need to use it, if at all.
- I am fortunate to have led 3 group trips during COVID, while being unvaccinated. We followed mitigation protocol for the most part. I have also flown within the U.S. I have not gotten COVID. I now am vaccinated, which makes me even more protected. I feel comfortable traveling because the airlines, resorts/live aboards/islands are doing an excellent job with mitigation. I went to the Galapagos with a group in August on a live aboard and did land based touring, as well. No One in the group tested positive for COVID. I’m thankful to travel as safely as possible.
I hope the above information gives you better piece of mind. It’s been quite a year. I truly feel for those who have gotten COVID and how have lost friends and loved ones. It’s very sad. However, it is important that we start living life again. We are ready to travel. And beautiful Curacao, part of the southern Caribbean Dutch Antilles, will be ready for us. 2015 we visited Curacao last. Time to return to this sunny, friendly island, tried and true. It’s location is near the equator, sun shines year around! The diving is easy and beautiful. Great for new divers and seasoned divers alike. We’ll be staying a little north of town at the beautiful Dreams Curacao Resort. We’ll be diving with the onsite dive professionals, Caribbean Sea Sports. There’s a great dive and snorkel site right in front, as well.
Curacao is part of the ABC islands, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. It is the largest of the 3 islands, with plenty to do or not to do! Other than diving and snorkeling, there are other highlights including an Ostrich Farm, Aloe Planation, Doll Making Shop, Hato Caves, flamingos, a national park preserve, and more! Shopping is always fun downtown, where a famous floating bridge separates the 2 sides of the city. The colorfully painted buildings on the canal, are a delight to see!
Here’s what’s included: (Wow!)
- Round Trip Airfare on American Airlines from Chicago
(Or Airfare from your gateway of choice, please ask for rates. Or you may book your own air.)
- 7 Nights Deluxe Island View Rooms (Upgrades Available) at the Dreams Resort Curacao (See Rates Below)
(Clean Complete Verification (TM) Enhanced Quality, Safety and Hygiene Protocols)
- All Meals, Snacks, and Drinks, including International & Domestic Alcohol, Juices, Sodas, Coffee and Tea
- 7 Dining Options including Italian, Seafood, International Buffet, Grill, and Coffee/Tea Cafe
- 4 Bars/Lounges and Casino
- 3 Swimming Pools, 2 Beaches, Entertainment Team
- Activities include Fitness Center and Classes, Dance Lessons, Euro-Bungee, Cooking and/or Cocktail Classes, Yoga, Theme Nights,
Spanish & Papiamento Lessons, Dance Lessons, Beach Volleyball, Soccer, Ping Pong, Tennis Course, Big screen Movies, Bocce Ball, Basketball,
and Weekly Beach Party.
- Complimentary Shuttle to downtown Willemstad, twice daily, Monday – Saturday, to enjoy the floating bridge and shopping
- “Unlimited Luxury” and it’s all wristband free!
- A World Class Spa! (20% Group Discount on Spa Services and 10% Group Discount on Spa Products)
- Hotel Taxes
- Group T-Shirt as a Memento
- Round-Trip Airport Transfers
- Group Leader – Heather Bloom (This is her 8th? time in Curacao!) She’d love to show you around!
Diving Add-On with Caribbean Sea Sports:
5 days of 2 tank morning boat dives, tanks and weights – $509 pp
Unlimited Shore diving on Boat Diving Days (Great House Reef for Diving and Snorkeling!)
COVID Testing Required:
A Negative COVID-19 test (PCR) is required for entry to Curacao. It must be done within 48 hours prior to arrival. OR, you may get an Antigen test within 24 hours prior to travel. Please ask me for more details.
You will also need a negative COVID (Antigen) test done within 72 hours prior to departure for the U.S. (This is done FREE at the resort!)
These requirements will hopefully be reduced as the world becomes healthier. I will keep you updated.
Here is a helpful instructional page for travelers visiting Curacao: Entrance to Curacao