The Dive Itinerary?
BROTHERS – DAEDELUS – ELPHINSTONE
This is probably the most popular itinerary in the Red Sea. It’s a southern route with lots of sharks and MORE! We chose this time of year due to the warmer water (80 F or more) and calmer conditions.
The Brother Islands, the tops of two undersea mountains rising from the depth, can be explored while diving the Red Sea about 50 nautical miles off-shore, near the town of Quseir. Part of the Marine Park, they offer breathtaking underwater scenery, wall diving along their entire perimeter and the possibility to spot a wide variety of pelagics. Their walls are covered in soft corals of all colors, black corals and forests of fan corals, creating a true feast for the eyes. Big tuna, shoals of jack fish and snappers cruse in the blue accompanies by hammerheads, grey reef, silver-tip, silky and oceanic white-tip sharks and mantas. The thresher shark, an oceanic species, as well as the magnificent whale shark, occasionally spotted close to the reef, circle the walls of the Brothers on a regular basis. While diving in this part of the Red Sea, huge and spectacular moon fish have been spotted several times near the reefs. The Aida II, an Egyptian supply vessel and the Numidia, a cargo ship, lie on the walls of the Big Brother and can be explored on this Red Sea diving cruise. They are covered in soft and hard corals and they are a real treat.
Daedalus Reef, also part of the Marine Park, is the most off-shore of all the dive reefs in the Egyptian Red Sea. It is a big oval reef with a lighthouse and its perimeter of walls offers some of the most stunning diving in the Red Sea. Typical of Daedalus are its huge and pristine hard coral formations and the possibility to spot schooling hammerheads. Thresher sharks, mantas and whale sharks can ale be spotted while diving here. Last, but not least, this diving itinerary finishes with Elphinstone, a truly legendary Red Sea diving reef where you can expect the unexpected, with its north and south plateaus and its walls covered in soft codas. Hammerheads and grey reef sharks can also be spotted here on a regular basis.
This Adventure Includes:
- 7 nights aboard the MV Grand Explorer luxury live aboard
- Roundtrip Airport to Boat Transfers on the days of departures (Early Arrivals can have paid transfers arranged.)
- Double and Twin Bed Cabins with A/C, en-suite with shower, entertainment system, hairdryer, towels, safe, hanging and storage space – Nice!
- All diving, tanks and weights, up to 4 dives a day!
- FREE Nitrox! (Ask me about a straightforward, expedient course, if not certified)
- All delicious meals, snacks, coffee, tea, non-alcoholic drinks and local beer and wine are all included
- Full Bar Service for purchase
- Group T-shirt
- Group Leader – Heather Bloom, Travel Specialist
It is mandatory that each diver has the following equipment and papers: Dive computer, surface signaling device (SMB), snorkel, regulator with alternate air source, torch (for night dives), weight belt or integrated weight jacket, dive log and diving certificate, including Nitrox certification, as necessary.
6 Night Add-On to Cairo and the Nile River, $2699 pp Includes:
- Roundtrip Transfers from Cairo to Aswan at the beginning and Hurghada to Cairo at the end by domestic air
- 3 Nights Superior Accommodation in Cairo at Le Meridian Hotel or similar (Garden View)
- 2 Full Days Sightseeing in Cairo with English speaking Egyptologist including the Egyptian Museum, Citadel, Mosque & Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- 3 Nights Accommodation in 5-Star Deluxe Nile Cruise
- Pyramids, including entrance into one pyramid, and Sphinx-Memphis and Sakkara, Temple of the Goddess Isis, Ancient Luxor/Thebes, Ramses II, Valley of Kings, including King Tut (Tutankhamen); with English speaking Egyptologist
- All sightseeing and entrance fees while on board Nile Cruise Ship; 3 transfers in Cairo
- 5 Breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners, porterage, hotel taxes, transfers, and service charges
Please Note: Anyone is welcome to join us for this amazing Cairo/Nile River Cruise only. It is a trip in and of itself, as well!
Please ask for more details and schedule.
Live Aboard Pricing:
$1895 per person for the live aboard. $500 pp non-refundable deposits due NOW to secure your space.
Availability for Sept 15 – 22, 2022 GROUP sailing: 22 spaces available, 7 left. Availability for Sept 16 – 23, 2021 Individuals Sailing: 22 spaces available, 16 left. Additional ~ $230pp routing fee and $36pp port fee, payable onboard. (Fees are subject to change slightly.) $75 pp deposit to reserve your space on the Cairo/Nile River tour. Air from Chicago is running around $1000 pp, and will be booked when available. Please ask about other departure cities. Does not include dive master gratuities and any overnights that may be needed. Trip cancellation insurance recommended at 9.5% of the cost of your trip. Please sign on now for the best availability on this amazing and affordable Red Sea Adventure!
Please contact Heather to Sign On or for any questions at 231-855-1353 or by email.
» Back to Upcoming Trips