We are Going Back!
Back in July of 2017, I went with a group on the Viking River Cruise, Rhine Getaway. It was like a dream come true!
The castles were charming, the river was beautiful, the tours were intriguing, the food and drinks were fabulous, and the crew were organized, professional and fun! Plus, the people we met along the way were amazing. I can’t wait to experience the same cruise, but with the Christmastime feeling. Read on, and I hope you can join us!
Starting in Basel, Switzerland, cruising thru Germany, and ending in Amsterdam, Netherlands, this 8 Day journey celebrates the grand cities, quaint villages, and 5 Christmas Markets along the amazing Rhine River. Here is what the your adventure includes:
- 8 Day Cruise with river-view stateroom
- Scenic Cruising along the Rhine River
- All Meals: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & t Dinners, featuring regional specialties and including Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- Guided Tours with audio headset (fabulous!)
- Visit 5 Christmas Markets and 4 Countries: Switzerland, France, Germany, Amsterdam
- Culture Curriculum: windmills, castles, cathedrals, the fabled Black Forest, wine tasting
- Wine/beer/soft drinks with lunch & dinner on board
- All Port Charges
- Free Wi-Fi, connection speed may vary
- No corkage fee for local wines or beers purchased. Enjoy!
- Dress is Casual and Relaxed
- Airfare includes all government air taxes/fees of approximately $160 as well as all air fuel surcharges
- Group Leader: Heather Bloom, Travel Specialist, to coordinate and answer all your questions
“Viking Rhine Getaway Cruise – at Christmastime”
Viking Rhine Getaway Cruise – Overview
Itinerary and Dates:
Dates: Dec 7 – 14, 2022 (River Cruise) with Air Departure on Dec 6, 2022. (Please Note: Add-on trips before and after the river cruise are available. Please ask for details.)
Main Itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1, Basel, Switzerland
- Day 2, Breisach, Germany
- Day 3, Strasbourg, France
- Day 4, Speyer & Rudesheim, Germany
- Day 5, Koblenz, Germany
- Day 6, Cologne, Germany
- Day 7, Kinderdijk, The Netherlands
- Day 8, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Your Viking River Cruise Details:
Viking Air Plus:
The Air Special changes each month. Presently it is $549 pp from Midwest gateways and $449 from East Coast gateways! This includes the add-on fee of $50 so Heather can work directly with the Viking Air Department to get the best air schedule. (Please ask to confirm your gateway pricing.) Since the air special changes each month, this is another reason to deposit early. On this cruise airfare includes all government air taxes/fees of approximately $160 as well as all air fuel surcharges. Our group will be coordinated to fly together, if departing on the same date/departure city. When using Viking Air, round trip airport transfers are included at your arrival and departure dates.
Please Note: If arriving earlier and/or staying later than the cruise arrival and departure dates, your roundtrip transfers ARE included when using Viking add-on tours. If self-touring, transfers are not included, but the address to your ship’s dock will be available. Air Miles may be used and booked on your own.
A $500 pp non-refundable deposit is needed to secure your stateroom. Your final payment date is based on the special of that month. For further information on cancellations, please see Terms and Conditions.
If you sign on now, and you have to cancel your reservation for ANY reason, you may do so up to so up to 24 hours prior to your air departure.
Then you will have all your money transferred to a new booking to be chosen within 24 months. So, you do not lose your money. Sign on now for this
Risk-Free Guarantee. Very nice!
Trip Insurance is highly recommended. Viking uses Trip Mate Travel Insurance. This insurance includes trip cancellation, mostly due to illness, but other issues may qualify. It also includes Cancellation Fee for Deposits, Trip Interruption, Missed Connections, Travel Delay, Accidental Death or dismemberment, Medical Expenses/Emergency Evac, Baggage and Personal Effects, and Baggage Delay, all up to a certain amount. There is pre-existing conditions coverage, when insurance payment is received within 7 days of trip deposit. Please ask for cost details and brochure.
Feel Free to invite to friends!
Please Note: This is a VERY popular getaway! Rooms are already selling out. Please deposit NOW for best room availability, air rates, and lower deposit rates! We have many friends old and new signed on for this Christmastime adventure! Welcome Aboard!
Please contact Heather to Sign On or for any questions at 231-855-1353 or by email.
» Back to Upcoming Trips