Viking River Cruise – “Romantic Danube!”
Sept 27 – Oct 4, 2019
(Add-On Stays available in Prague, Budapest, and/or Oktoberfest!)
Beautiful, Luxury, History, Charm!
Special Early Booking Group Pricing Locked In. Ask about the Monthly Air Special.
(Air is $699 pp at the moment. Staterooms LIMITED. Act NOW)
Viking River Cruises are fabulous! I book individual Viking River Cruises, and I am now booking second Group Adventure with Viking! This is an excellent opportunity to book the “Romantic Danube.” Package Prices begin at $3374 pp. This includes a $125 group discount. The lower priced rooms sell out the quickest, and this is a popular fall season, so please deposit $500 pp now to guarantee your cabin space! The air pricing special is $649 pp round trip from any departure city.
Starting in Nuremberg, Germany, cruising thru Austria, and ending in Budapest, Hungary, this 8 Day journey celebrates the grand cities and quaint villages along the amazing Danube River. There is even an add on tour in Passau that will take you to Salzburg for the day, the setting of the beloved film “The Sound of Music” and the birthplace of Mozart! Here is what the your adventure includes:
- 8 Day Cruise with river-view stateroom
- Scenic Cruising along the Danube Bend, Wachau Valley and the Main Danube Canal
- All Meals: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & t Dinners, featuring regional specialties and including Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- 6 Guided Tours with audio headset (fabulous!)
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum: Learn how to make your own apple strudel; enjoy musical entertainment highlighting Austrian & Hungarian Classics; attend presentations on the European Union, Viennese coffee houses, and Mozart
- Wine/beer/soft drinks with lunch & dinner on board
- All Port Charges
- Free Wi-Fi, connection speed may vary
- No corkage fee for local wines or beers purchased. Enjoy!
- Dress is Casual and Relaxed
- Airfare includes all government air taxes/fees of approximately $160 as well as all air fuel surcharges
- Group Leader: Heather Bloom, Travel Specialist, to coordinate and answer all your questions
Itinerary and Dates:
Dates: Sept 27 – Oct 4, 2019 (River Cruise) with Air Departure Sept 26 – Oct 4. (Please Note: Dates for Oktoberfest add-on prior to the river cruise, are Sept 24 – 27. Also there is a pre-cruise extension available in Prague and a post-cruise extension available in Budapest. Please ask for details.)
Main Itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1, Embark, Nuremberg, Germany
- Day 2, Nuremberg, Germany
- Day 3, Regensburg, Germany
- Day 4, Passau, Germany
- Day 5, Krems, Austria
- Day 6, Vienna, Austria
- Day 7, Budapest, Hungary
- Day 8, Budapest, Hungary
This is a perfect opportunity to take in Oktoberfest before your Viking Cruise begins! We’ll depart from the U.S. on Sept 23, 2019, and arrive to Munich on Sept 24! (Weekends are packed at the festival, so I have us planned to go mid-week! The tour, organized thru a professional tour company, “Thirsty Swagman,” is 4 days and 3 nights. The tour cost is $995 Euros pp which is about $1199 pp USD, at the moment. Here’s a link to the Thirsty Swagman Tours!
Here’s The Oktoberfest Tour Schedule and What’s Included:
- Tuesday, Sept 24: Arrive to The Hotel Senator and receive your welcome info packet from your tour guide. Head into the festival grounds to explore some of the rides, food and of course beer on your own or with your guide. Explore Old Town Munich a short walk away. This is a good night to visit the Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall in Old Town Munich!
- Wednesday, Sept 25: Beer Tent the Hoffbraujaus Tent! Our guide will escort us to the un-reserved table area of the Hofbrauhaus, right near the front of the stage at 10am. You may stay until the beer tent closes at 10pm if you wish. Beers are approx. 11 Euro for a Liter and a lunch is approx. 15 Euro. This is the biggest and one of the most popular tents at Oktoberfest!
- Thursday, Sept 26: Beer Tent Reservation and table most likely at the Schottenhamel Tent (the “original” beer tent and the longest running one). The reservations are from 10am until 4pm and include beer vouchers for 1 or 2 liters of beer and a delicious chicken lunch. Anyone who wishes to visit another tent, may go to either to the Festzelt Tradition (traditional tent, everything is like it was in the 1800’s) which is 3 or 4 Euro entry or the beer garden at the Marstall tent (outside area, it’s really different to the other tents – great atmosphere).
- Friday, Sept 27: Time to go to the airport to fly to Nuremberg, and then to the included transfer to the Viking River Cruise. Departure time TBD.
- Please Note: This tour include accommodations, daily full breakfast buffet, tour guides, entrance to Hoffbraujaus Tent, and entrance and reservations with at least 1 liter beer and chicken lunch to The Schottenhamel Tent (most likely). 250 Euros pp non-refundable deposit needed to reserve your space. Final payment due at least 60 days prior to tour. Terms and Conditions. Welcome! Prost! Cheers!You Tube Video – The 14 Big Oktoberfest Beer Tents
Your Viking River Cruise Details:
Viking Air Plus:
The Air Special changes each month. Presently it is $649 pp from most US gateways! This includes the add-on fee of $50 so Heather can work directly with the Viking Air Department to get the best air schedule. (Please ask to confirm your gateway pricing.) Since the air special changes each month, this is another reason to deposit early. On this cruise airfare includes all government air taxes/fees of approximately $160 as well as all air fuel surcharges. Our group will be coordinated to fly together, if departing on the same date/departure city. When using Viking Air, round trip airport transfers are included at your arrival and departure dates. Air Miles may be used and booked on your own.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is needed to secure your stateroom. Your final payment is due by March 25, 2019. For further information on cancellations, please see Terms and Conditions.
Trip Insurance is highly recommended. Viking uses Trip Mate Travel Insurance. This insurance includes trip cancellation, mostly due to illness, but other issues may qualify. It also includes Cancellation Fee for Deposits, Trip Interruption, Missed Connections, Travel Delay, Accidental Death or dismemberment, Medical Expenses/Emergency Evac, Baggage and Personal Effects, and Baggage Delay, all up to a certain amount. There is pre-existing conditions coverage, when insurance payment is received within 7 days of trip deposit. Please ask for cost details and brochure.
Please Note: This insurance does not cover the add on to Oktoberfest. Please inquire about insurance for Oktoberfest. Thank you.
Feel Free to invite to friends! Welcome Aboard!