The Socorro Islands….AMAZING Giant Mantas and Easy to Get To!
February 2 – 10, 2021
Aggressor Live Aboard, diving with Big Marine Life!
Giant Mantas, Humpback Whales, Dophins, Sharks and MORE!
Diving in the Socorro Islands (Video Link)
The Revillagigedos Archipelago, more commonly called Socorro Islands, is a group of four islands off the west coast of Mexico in the eastern Pacific Ocean. These islands have been compared to Galapagos and Cocos Island because of the big animal encounters that can be found here. HOWEVER, THE COST IS MORE AFFORDABLE, WHICH MAKES IT VERY APPEALING!! The remote location and extraordinary dive experience makes these islands a favorite among scuba divers around the world. This area is a protected marine park!
We’ll be diving from The Socorro Aggressor, a 135’ long, wide beamed, luxury live-aboard dive vessel based in San Jose del Cabo (20 miles from Cabo San Lucas.) After researching, I think this is the nicest live aboard in the area for the best price. It’s Aggressor, so we know it’s tried and true. Plus, the staterooms are spacious, as is the ship’s space! It’s very easy to get to Cabo from the U.S, too! From there, we’ll cruise 250 miles south to the Socorro Islands, to dance with the Giant Pacific Manta Rays, play with Dolphins, observe some of the 10 different species of Sharks and thrill to an occasional interaction with the migrating Humpback Whale’s population. (We’ll be there during the humpback whale migration season and the whale songs are incredible! We saw amazing breaching last time and one lucky couple saw a mother and baby humpback swim by on their safety stop!) The Giant Pacific Mantas can grow up to 22 feet from wingtip to wingtip. There are also lots of sharks in these islands – hammerhead schools, white tips, silver tips, silkies, duskies, Galapagos and occasionally tigers, threshers, and whale sharks. Not to forget the common marine life found there, too, including other rays, lobsters, eels, schooling butterfly fish, angelfish, triggerfish, trumpet fish, blennies, gobies, and nudibrachs…. and so much more! What a treat you will never forget!
Having dove here in Feb, 2014, I have ALWAYS wanted to return! Diving right under the Giant Pacific Mantas, watching dolphins interact underwater, studying a variety of sharks, observing smart octopus, seeing many schooling fish and other pelagics, as well as hearing the humpback whales singing and watching them breach…. It doesn’t get any better! The water is cooler this time of year, around 76 degrees, but that is what makes the marine life so special! So grab or rent your 7 mil and hood, to experience this truly amazing beauty. It’s only a few degrees cooler than the Caribbean this time of year. (Many of you know I get cold diving. But this diving did not bother me, as I had the right wetsuit AND there was soooo much to see!)
Here is What is Included:
- 8 nights on board the luxury live aboard, Socorro Aggressor
- 13 Master and Deluxe Staterooms Available (Sign up with or without a roommate!) (Ship Layout)
- Up to 4 dives daily, tanks, and weights (weather and site dependent)
- Three delicious meals per day, snacks, beverages including juice and soft drinks (local beer/wine included, post diving) (Link to the Menu)
- Complete Digital Photo Facility including PC for downloads
- Internet Communications via satellite available (fee)
- Divemasters for all dives from 3 tenders. Informative, detailed dive briefings!
- Mexican Sales tax INCLUDED in Charter Rate – 16%
- Group Leader from Dive & Travel Adventures, Heather Bloom, Owner
- $25 USD Cash Fee for Visa and $78 USD Cash Natural Park Fee, both paid on site
- $100 For NITROX for the entire trip if desired and divemaster gratuities.
- Airfare to San Jose del Cabo (Very Reasonable)
- Overnight Accommodation in San Jose del Cabo, the night prior (double or single occ.)
Please Click Here for “Know Before You Go“
Costs: $3695 per person for Master or Deluxe Staterooms/first come first serve. Airfare extra (around $500 pp round trip) and will be booked when available OR Frequent Flyer Miles may be used. Deposits of $500 pp needed to reserve your space. (We have to book way in advance for this popular trip!) Payment schedule available. Trip insurance recommended at 8% of the cost of your trip. Call Heather at 231-855-1353 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to sign up! Let’s Go Socorro!